The Gipping Valley Model Boat Club meets at Needham Lake every Sunday Morning and Wednesday Afternoon.
We are a group of enthusiasts with interests ranging from model yachts to live steam boats, all Radio Controlled.
New members are always welcome to join.
Why not come along and see us?
For all enquires please email the Secretary on
The weather at Needham Lakes.
The Lake is now open for sailing and below are some rules for its use
At the committee meeting held last night it was agreed that sailing at the lake should resume from Sunday the 13th September as long as the following amended rules are observed.
1. No more than THREE people sailing at any one time.
2. Social distancing rules to be observed.
3. Masks are to be worn when more than one person is in the sailing area
4. No person is to be inside the GVMBC Reserved area unless sailing
5. Members are to remain in their vehicle until the start of their sailing time
6. Members are to bring their boats in and completely remove ALL of their equipment and paraphernalia BEFORE their allotted time expires.
7. Members are to use their own tables and seats inside the GVMBC allocated area. Public picnic tables are ON NO CIRCUMSTANCES TO BE USED
8. The Club seat inside the GVMBC area may be used AFTER thorough cleaning before And after use.
9. The GVMBC are is to be taped off with Hazard tape BEFORE sailing commences and removed after all sailing ends by the last user.
10. Hazard warning tape is stored in the container, used tape is to be rolled up and put back in the container, or disposed of in the rubbish bin near the toilet block.
Bookings through Peter Nash are still required and members are reminded not to remain on the launching platform while sailing.
David Small has published the second part of his building of HELOISE. See Members Projects