The Gipping Valley Model Boat Club meets at Needham Lake every Sunday Morning and Wednesday Afternoon.
We are a group of enthusiasts with interests ranging from model yachts to live steam boats, all Radio Controlled.
New members are always welcome to join.
Why not come along and see us?
For all enquires please email the Secretary on
The weather at Needham Lakes.
The Lake is now open for sailing and below are some rules for its use
Following a suggestion from Peter Nash it has been decided to follow a similar booking system as used by golf clubs.
The new temporary rules are listed below and have been agreed with the MSDC which will allow all members who wish to sail to do so as safely as possible.
1) No more than 2 people sailing at one time
2) Social distancing to be observed
3) No person to be inside the GVMBC area unless sailing
4) Members to remain in their cars or well away from the area until their sailing time
5) Members to remove all of their equipment before slotted time expires
6) Public picnic tables are not to be used
7) Seats within the sailing area must be cleaned before and after use
8) The sailing area HAS TO BE TAPED OFF with red and white hazard warning tape before sailing and removed at the end of time slot. ( tape available in the container)
This will be implemented from Sunday 24th May to allow all members a chance to book their slots.
Booking of slots is via Pete Nash, telephone 01473 890566 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Bookings are to be made at least the day before the requested date.
Slots can be from one hour upwards depending on how many want to sail on a given day.
Slots will be for a minimum of one hour extending from 06.00 to 18.00 and can be for up to three hours or longer depending on availability.